- ABOUT US
- WHAT WE DO
- HOW TO HELP
- CLUB PAGES
- BUS PROJECT
Just42’s work is based on Christian values and the principles of Good Practice. We are committed to child protection and promoting the welfare of children and young people.
Read about our values and principles below and click on the links to see some of our key policy documents.
Values and Principles
The trust has been set up with a clear, and we believe distinctive, ethos and set of principles, based on the Christian beliefs shared by the founding members. This does not mean we are a religious body as such; we work with young people of all faiths and none, and our staff team and stakeholders reflect all sections of our community. In Christian terms our focus is one of service and mission (demonstrating God’s love) rather than evangelism or discipleship (preaching and teaching.)
We have developed a set of core principles, which underpin all we do, from the relationship we have with young people and others in our community, including the services we deliver, to the way we are as a staff team and how we run our organisation:
These will continue to develop with the trust and be expressed in the formation and outworking of our policies, procedures, service delivery and team culture. Our principles reflect our values, belief and purpose:
- Education: we are committed to learning from experience as well as from those with expertise; and to facilitating others to learn and develop, as whole people
- Justice: we are committed to equality of opportunity for all to participate in and benefit from our work and will challenge oppression and prejudice
- Empowerment: we will respect our own and others’ rights and diverse roles and needs, empowering each to fulfil our individual and shared responsibilities
- Accountability: stakeholders are all accountable to each other
- Support: we care for each other, our community and our world
- Access: our services should be easy for young people to find and use
- Safety: we will organise our work to protect the safety of all involved
- Person-centred: young people will be listened to, valued and consulted
Statement of belief
Trustees, charity members and Christian staff share a simple Christian Faith which reflects the Christian ethos and calling of the trust. The statement of belief, which they all affirm, is simple and brief:
- I believe and trust in God the Father who made all things
- I believe and trust in his Son Jesus Christ who redeemed the world
- I believe and trust in his Holy Spirit who gives life to the people of God
Links to other policies
Just42 were awarded the Young Suffolk Quality Mark in 2011 and this award is valid until April 2014. This involved a comprehensive review of policies and procedures at the time to ensure they met with best practice guidelines.
These are some of the policies you may like to read. They are .pdf files rather than web pages, so you will need Adobe Reader to view them. You most likely have this on your computer already, but if not you can download it free from Adobe's website.